CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

The Pajaro, the Guacal and the Carlos

So now that I have managed to sneak away and have some time to update I realized my previous account was somewhat clinical and bland. I will recount some of the interesting things that slipped my mind when I wrote about Field Based Training.

First and foremost I was originally offered a matress on the floor of the Casa Antonia, she managed to one up herself by presenting me with a bed upon my return. I was thankful for the upgrade and assured her that I would be a good house guest. To my surprise not all was alright with the bed. First it did´n't have a matress, instead just a few sheets folded over the base of the bed, thats ok though, I can manage on a floor or a hammock in a pinch and this was better than either of those. Upon laying on the bed it became immediately evident that at the foot of the bed a large guacal (think big plastic tub) was hogging all the foot space. I did my best to move it without making too much of a fuss, but it was full and stacked high with luggage and what seemed to be half of all the clothes in the room. I didn't bother too much with it after that, I had made a little more space, enough to spread my legs and put one foot on either side of the guacal.

My big surprise came during the night after I had already dealt with the problems of the blankets and the guacal. To my shock and horror there was a thumping under the bed, originating from a cardboard box without any labels. I didn't know exactly what to do with it but just sorta ignore it and hope it wasn't life threatening. By the time the sound presented itself everyone was asleep except me. The next morning Antonia entered my room and removed the mystery box. Apparently a small parrot sleeps in the box under the bed every night, and since I hadn't been to the back of the house during daylight the day before, I didn't see the parrot on its daytime perch. Suffice to say that whenever the parrot had a bad night, so did Carl.

0 remarks: