CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 04, 2006

Taller and more

So today was my group's Taller, something like a day-camp with a teaching them. I think it went decently well overall. It did work to reinforce my thoughts that I don't like doing presentations to youth alone, but in a group of volunteers I rather enjoy myself. Even if I do wind up taking a lesser role than some more outgoing people with better spanish skills. Still, I managed to bring lots of leadership excersises to the table that I learned back in the day at TEAM Cal. I like the planning more than the execution and I think I would probably like the whole thing a bit more in English, but thats life. You can't always get what you want, especially in a spanish speaking country. We did luck out and get to use our training center, so we had money left over to use to get the children and ourselves Pollo Campero, which is something like the Salvadoran version of KFC, except that they are all wild about it. All in all I am happy about the day and I'm sorta looking forward to tonight since it is the last night of fiestas in my town. I can't seem to get enought elote (corn) in any of its forms at the fiesta. My leading favorite is elote with salt and lime, but they have the rediculous and aptly named elote loco which I enjoy from time to time. (I didn't do a good job of describing it before, but it is corn with mayo, mustard, cheese, bbq sauce and taco bell style salsa. It doesn't sound appetizing I know, but it is strangely addictive and tasty.)

1 remarks:

Ben D said...

The article was interesting. I think that the Major comes off as a decent guy, albiet a politician. Interested to hear how your meeting goes.

-Doyle