CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Dress Me Up In Stitches

DSC01358

She's doing fine, but photos seemed in order.

DSC01355 DSC01354

I feel like I should rename my blog so it has more to do with Kaya. That seems to be most of what I talk about.

I am working on getting a 3 day camp together for the beginning of June, which is approaching very quickly. It will cover self esteem, gender, sexually transmitted diseases, AIDS/HIV, reproductive biology and family planning. Those are all big topics that I think get glossed over in schools here. I am specifically working on a condom activity, a few gender activities and an activity where they burn phrases including the words "I can't ...". Plus I am soliciting transport from the alcaldia since I am the Municipal Developement volunteer.

Also I have become a bit of an unofficial go to person to translate visa applications. I mean several people here speak English, but somehow I am the guy. Thats ok, at least I feel like I am contributing to the legal process rather than illegal immigration. If promoting that means being their visa translating bitch, so be it.

1 remarks:

Steven said...

Dogs in those collars crack me up bigtime.