CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 05, 2008

I Spoiled My Appetite

Yes that is right, I went to my friend's house last night to have dinner as I usually do and I wound up ruing my appetite before they could make my dinner. First I should describe my usual dinner: a small piece of fresh cheese, some beans (usually similar to refried) and an egg cooked in salsa. That gets the job done, but yesterday I couldn't even eat that. Why, you ask? Mangos.
Yes, I spoiled my appetite by eating about 5 mangos before I called it quits and told Javi (my friend's son) that if I ate anymore I wouldn't eat dinner and I would probably get the runs. But its mango season and I have to hurry to eat the mangos the way I like them before they are all too ripe, or worse gone. I like them when they are green on the outside and just turning orange inside. That is when they are still a tad crispy, not acid anymore, but not sweet-sweet yet and dan't leave strings in your teeth. Plus, if you put a little salt on there they are just awesome. Of course there is always the line of too much of a good thing and I think I nearly crossed it last night. Luckily I didn't.
I look forward to a few more mangos today.

0 remarks: