CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 13, 2006

Another decent drawing

This time a slightly different subject. I tried a bit of perspective and shading.
Image hosted by Webshots.com
by cslom

I keep thinking about this particular drawing and what about it I don't like. I really hate the hair, and as such I took up two more pages in my sketchbook sort of exploring the possiblities of quickly, but convincingly drawing curly hair. I went so far as to recreate the drawing in miniature to test the method I devised. I also despise the eye. It is central to the drawing and commands attention, but of everything it looks the least real to me, especially the dark spot in the white that I can't seem to erase. I need to work on drawing convincing eyes. I think it worked out in the self portrait, but not in this one.

0 remarks: