CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 17, 2006

This Is It

Ok, so this is now my blog for my experience in Peace Corps, El Salvador. I will update as often as I can or want to.

So far I am in the final part of the first week of training. What that means is I am living in the small community of Santo Domingo, about 20 minutes outside of San Vicente. Three other trainees live here in Santo Domingo, but we all live in different houses with different host families. Two days a week we travel to San Vicente for training at the Peace Corps training center, the other days we either have spanish lessons in our community or travel to various sites to learn about our future lives here.

I am happy so far. I couldn't have asked for a better family to live with or better trainees to have in my community. (Though there couldn't have been a bad group, I like everyone so far.) Obviously its an adjustment though. For example, I already got a mild bacterial infection, the water went out in my community for almost two days, its hot, it rains all the time and the language barrier can be a bit stifling. However the whole situation sounds worse than it really is. The four of us in Santo Domingo are getting along quite well and we have each other to laugh with when things get a little topsy turvy.

2 remarks:

Dirty Flamingo said...

Ahaha! I found you! How are the stomach bugs treating you fellow trainee?

Tag.

Saludos
Adrianna

Carl said...

Man you found me so quickly