CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 22, 2006

I have crazy stories, but this one is better...

Ok, so yesterday I had my first "oh crap, this is for real" moment. We were talking to one of the workers in the alcaldia (which is like the city hall) when he invited us to tag along to an interview of sorts in the Canton. What it turned out to be was that there is a family there that asked the alcaldia for support and help finding aid. Apparently their father has been gone for over 4 years and their mother died some time last year of cancer. There are 8 of them living there ranging from about 5 years of age to 16. The Secretary of Family affairs sent an agent and some supplies to the family and we got to tag along. Its a sad story and I'm glad that I got to be there to see that the government and the alcaldia in my town were helping out. I don't think any of the other groups really got an experience like this yet.

0 remarks: