CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 20, 2007

Local Beer

It has been a tradition for me to get around to new places and try a local Beer when I am there. I just added another beer to that list. I have now had Salvavida in Honduras. It is one of their big national brands and reminds of Coors for the most part. A little bitter, not too dark and smooth enough to drink a few if you want. Nothing great though.

Honduras was pretty, at least Roatan was. It reminded more of the Carribbean than Central America because the island is home mostly to African Americans left there as a result of the slave trade generations ago, and that they speak both english and spanish natively. The beach where I was was gorgeous, soft white sand and crystal clear water that I just couldn't make cloudy by kicking up sand. I only spent a few days, but I would have spent more if I could have. It had jungle tours to try, good snorkeling, better diving, decent hotels, a cool little town at West End and all sorts of Dolphin encounters available. I think there are other places with some ofthe same sort of stuff or better, but I don't know if they have it all. I doubt I'll be back soon, but I do recommend it.

I also had the pleasure of helping to welcome a new group of Volunteers into the country and look forward to working with them. There are a number in my region and it should be interesting to be the "old" Muni group now.

0 remarks: