CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

The Other 6 Months

I know I already had a post titled 6 Months, but this one is actually more meaningful, though the other one seemed really cool and important at the time. This time I have actually been in my site, that means actually working in my community for 6 months. Which also means that I am 1/4 done with my Peace Corps service. Crazy Stuff I know.

On the work side of things my Municipio has become the first in the country to create a municipal secretariat of women's affairs. I will be doing some behind the scenes work for this movement since the three people in charge of it want some assistance in designing a schedule and looking for groups to provide the trainings and workshops they hope to bring to our area. I have several ideas, but I will need to see some of the diagnostics that were done at the first meeting before really getting my feet wet.

DSC01163.JPG

It is all very exciting, but as a man it is hard to be completely on the inside of this thing. It is also hard to be publicly proud about this seeing as how El Salvador works, but I'm behind it and secretly proud.

Time still seems to be cruising by at an insanely fast pace, especially since I got Kaya. I just realised it has been over a month since I got her and a sudden change of scenery yesterday made me realize how big she has gotten. Photos can't seem to capture the change as I examined them as closely as I could, but at least I can't see it. Maybe someone else can. I updated photos of her in my gallery as well as some stuff of my community. Click my webshots link on the right if you haven't for a while.

0 remarks: