CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 15, 2007

Kaya

Ok so I talked about it for a while and thought about it even longer and I finally just went for it and got a puppy. She is a 2.5 month old Boxer and I named her Kaya. Obviously you all want pictures, so here you go.



Kaya

I am still figuring things out a bit, so I am temporarily using a stacking cube shelving unit as a substitute crate for training purposes. (Crate training is a humane way to housebreak a dog and keep your house safe from chewing.) She doesn't have any proper toys yet since there isn't exactly a pet store around here and people don't think of dogs the same way we are used to up north. But I am working on it. On the 26th I will head to the capital for other reasons and check out a pet store with my program director while I am there. Erin, the other volunteer in my town, is excited to babysit for me whenever I need to leave for a short time and she has already met Kaya.

Obviously I am super excited and don't want to leave her ever, but she needs to learn that I won't be there all the time. For now she is a little crybaby when I leave, but hopefully that will change with time.

4 remarks:

Unknown said...

Very cute pup.
enjoyed the pictures.

Anonymous said...

Hey!
You probably don't remember me but my name is Kelly Harris and I went to Viewpoint with you. I'm actually at your dad's office right now. I do pharmaceutical sales and I saw your picture up in his office and recognized you! Small world. Your dad told me all about what you're doing...sounds exciting! I hope everything is good with you...and tell your dad to write my drug!

Carl said...

Wow! Of course I remember, though it has been exactly forever since we saw each other. Glad to see my father's office still serves as a place for everyone to see my childhood pics and say "I remember him when he was..."

Trust me, its not as exciting or glamorous as it sometimes sounds.

Lore said...

awwwwwwww she is so cutie cutie!!!!! Kaya is really gorgeous!!!!! I was saying awwwwww, awwwwww with every photo :p:p:p i really love dogs, and particulary boxers! They are really playful and their character is like a little kid always!! Soooo adorable with those lovely big deep eyes and their funny ears going back or up depends on their mood :p I have now 2 dogs, a boxer and a cocker spaniel, Pancho is the playful boxer, he is the "consentido" ;) It is really nice and interesting to read your stories and thoughts. Kaya was a great decision, you have some company and she will bring you many special moments having a huge smile on your face! they are contagiously adorable and funny!!!!
I am a salvadorean living in the capital city, i study graphic design and currently i'm finishing a project about international volunteers in my country, that's how i got to know about you, the way you work, the main areas you develop with, your approach, goals, experiences, thoughts, motivations... and i am really happy i chose that subject, everything it is so interesting and i really admire you, you are a motivation, a blessing, you sacrifice yourself to live in totally different country, with totally different lifestyle to help people!! To do something very important as the title of your blog "save the world", you contribute to make people's life better, sharing your knowledge, time, and hard work! You are wonderful people with a huge heart, God bless you, and thank you so much!!!!!! (hehehe, it seems i wrote an e-mail here :p)