CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 23, 2006

High Holiday

I was a bit worried when my parents first brought up the question of what I would do for the High Holidays some time ago. I figured the only answer to that was vamos a ver. Well it turned out to work and it has reaffirmed to me that no matter where you find yourself there are always some other jews there that figured out how to carry on and will gladly take you under their wing.

I am sitting in the nicest house I have been in since I left Los Angeles and the only house that legitimately reminded me of the way houses are constructed and layed out in the US. 6 volunteers including myself have invaded this house, eaten our fill and generally made ourselves at home. All this thanks to the generosity of one family who are members of the embassy here. I would never have met them if it weren't for a curious phone call from another volunteer wondering if I was in fact jewish as she had suspected.

I am happy, well fed and glad to wish everyone a Shana Tova.

0 remarks: